Another good news and great day for all owners of AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket . AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is now receiving Android 4.1.2 jelly bean update staring today. Although Galaxy S2 has been aged for nearly 2 years, Samsung still giving effort to pushing out the buttery smooth updates to all the Galaxy S2 users. Update is now available thru Samsung Kies as well as OTA. Follow our manual update procedures if you have not receive update from AT&T, it performs exactly identical to updates from Kies or OTA.
Improvements In Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
– Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability
– Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
– TouchWiz Nature UX
– Samsung’s S Cloud services
– Improved Camera features
– New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
– New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
– New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
– 2 Home screen modes
– New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
– Google Now
As you read through, we have prepared the step-by-step guide to manually update Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 to android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with complete steps. Before the tutorial starts, it is advisable to read through all the tips below to have you prepared for the flash process later. A good preparation on your phone and PC ensure the safe flashing and avoid any damage to your phone. Please also be reminded to backup all your data including contacts, messages, video, photos etc as given below because these data will be wiped during this tutorial. It helps to restore to original condition in case any problem appears during/after the flash. Let’s get into the tutorial now.
Guides Update AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Official Firmware to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean :
- Please make sure your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket ready too root. Download Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware (Filename : I727UCMC1_I727ATTMC1_ATT.zip Size : 463.4 MB) and Download ODIN3 v1.85 ( File name : Odin3 v1.85.rar File size : 5.2 MB ) .
- Extract ROM and Odin3 v1.85 archive file to a folder.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button, followed by Volume Up button right after the screen turns on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe. Wait until an “Added” message shown at the lower-left message box of Odin user interface.
- Once your phone is recognized, click on the PDA button and select the ***.tar.md5
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & check on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 on your device. The progress can be observed via Odin User Interface.
- Once the flashing is completed, a green “PASS” message will be shown to indicate the flashing is successful.
- Disconnect your device now and your device shall reboot automatically. After your Galaxy Skyrocke boot up, you can verify to see change on your phone.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners or developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial.