Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 come with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread OS and Samsung TouchWiz user interface, and has integrated social networking apps and multimedia features, including Google Voice Search, and 5.1 channel audio enhancements. It also has a standard 3.5 mm 4-pin audio jack. The device sports a 832 MHz ARMv6 processor, 290 MB of internal memory and supports up to 32 GB of removable storage through a microSD card. The phone has a 2 MP camera, a screen with a 240×320 resolution and a multitouch interface with the optional SWYPE virtual keyboard. The phone offers connectivity options such as HSDPA 3G connection up to 7.2Mbit/s and a Wifi connection. The smartphone also provides Remote settings which allows phone to be locked up, tracked and data to be easily wiped from another location.
A new Rom, Animus ROM is now available for download and you can update your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean . If you have installed custom Rom’s before then it will be no difficult for you. This Guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Animus CM7 Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread ROM on Galaxy Y S5360 with complete steps using CWM recovery. If you are installing it first time please read the instructions carefully.
Before You Begin:
1.Your device must be ROOTED and latest CWM Recovery installed.
2.Make a full Nandroid backup using CWM Recovery. You may use TWRP. Backup is must in case installation failed.
3.Backup SMS, Contacts, Whatsapp messages.
4.Enable USB Debugging from setting menu.
5.Installing Custom ROM is neither endorsed by your handset provider nor by us. Installing custom ROM will void manufacturer warranty.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Animus ROM :
For first step, you must downloading required files here : Animus Rom
1. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files ( signed_Animus_032413_160603.zip )to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the signed_Animus_032413_160603.zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.1.2 ROM
And….. Ccustomized Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.