If you have LG Optimus 2X P990 phone, now you can update their device to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. However not using any official Jelly Bean firmware but using AvatarROM custom firmware. By installing AvatarROM custom firmware on Optimus 2X P990 you can experience latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with lot more unique features over stock firmware. The AvatarROM team recently rolled out the Build 2.13b which is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and is all set for Optimus 2X P990. The AvatarROM Build 2.13b is not the stable version but good for daily use. The latest build of AvatarROM is based on the source of another popular ROM CyanogenMod and also combined the MIUI theme in it. Means, by flashing or installing AvatarROM Build 2.13b ROM on your Optimus 2X P990 you will enjoy a customized experience of latest Android version which is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod features and beautiful MIUI theme and many attractive features of AvatarROM. So, If you wish to try out this fantastic and attractive custom ROMAvatarROM Build 2.13b then read through this page to know the step-by-step procedure of installing AvatarROM Build 2.13b custom ROM on your Optimus 2X P990.
If you don’t know then Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean comes with various interesting features including multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature and miracast display.
Before flashing this ROM you should know that it’s a custom firmware and still going through development phase and currently tagged as BETA. That’s why, it’s very likely that it may comes with some bugs and issues that may look annoying to you. However, we all know most developer of ROMs are usually proactive and we believe all known issues will be fixed along with the development.
In this tutorial, we will give you guides how to install Android 4.2.2 AvatarROM Build 2.13b Custom ROM on LG Optimus 2X P990 N7100. Please read all step carefully and you should remember :
- This ROM only tested on LG Optimus 2X P990 .
- This is a carrier locked device, you need to unlock it first before installing this ROM.
- You require a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM recovery to install this custom ROM. We used CWM recovery in our instruction.
- You should always perform a Nandroid backup before flashing any ROM. You can restore everything if this ROM doesn’t satisfy you.
- After flashing this ROM your device may stuck on oot or may face a boot loop. In such cases perform perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache 4-5 more times before rebooting.
- If you faced a Status 7 error then its mean either you flash it on wrong device or you required to install a related kernel (if it’s a Jelly Bean ROM then you may required to install a Jelly Bean kernel first) before installing the ROM.
Lets Begin !
Complete Step To Install Android 4.2.2 AvatarROM Build 2.13b Custom ROM On LG Optimus 2X P990 N7100
- First of all, you must download AvatarROM Build 2.13b ROM for Optimus 2X P990 [AvatarROM ROM] and Google Apps.
- Now, connect your Optimus 2X P990 to PC using USB cable and then mount your storage first.
- Once you manage access of your phone SD card content from your computer, copy downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone. Don’t extract any file.
- Once you finish file transfer procedure, disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together until recovery load[use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select].
- As we mentioned earlier, it’s important to perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a Nandroid backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process done.
- It’s time to perform some wiping task to eliminate clash between new ROM and previous ROM. To do so, first select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wiping process done. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping cache partition process completed, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the AvatarROM ROM zip file that you copied earlier in Step 3 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation on next screen and soon the ROM installation procedure start.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 8 but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When all done, you should go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone. The phone will then boot into this new ROM, however you should note the first boot usually take time usually about 5 minutes.
- After your phone boot up, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom firmware AvatarROM Build 2.13b is now installed and running on your Optimus 2X P990. Go to Settings –> About phone to verify this change.
- To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. Use this guide on your own risk.