Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update is now available for Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 ( AT&T ). Recently Carbon ROM team updated the release to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and good thing is Carbon ROM for Infuse 4G I997 is available. Hence by installing Carbon ROM you can enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Infuse 4G I997. Infuse 4G I997 comes with an impressive hardware portfolio that can run the latest Android 4.2.2 easily. Read through this article to know how to update your Infuse 4G I997 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM Carbon.
CarbonRom Custom ROM Jelly Bean Features :
- Android 4.2.2
- Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
- Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
- Option to hide lockscreen hints
- Carousel lockscreen
- Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
- Chronus clock widget
- Customizable hardware and software keys
- Transparent navbar and status bar
- Customizable navbar ring
- Navigation bar widgets
- Customizable power menu
- Notification power widget
- Notification brightness adjustment
- Customizable quicksettings panel
- Statusbar mods including center clock and color
- LCD Density
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Volume rocker music controls
- Full Rotation
- Customizable battery and notification light
- And many more.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Infuse 4G, model number I997. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Your Samsung Infuse 4G must be rooted.
- Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, this guides will be deleted all you phone data, and your Samsung KIES will be not detect after installing this ROM.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode, and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed from before
Instructions Guide Install Android 4.2.2 CarbonRom Jelly Bean At Infuse 4G SGH-I997
- First, you must Download Android 4.2.2 Carbon ROM and Google Apps for Infuse 4G SGH-I997 to your computer.
- Connect and mount your Infuse 4G USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file and Google Apps zip to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Menu + Power buttons.
- In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
- Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.NOTE: Repeat this step again for the Google Apps zip file.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time.
- After your Samsung Infuse 4G boot up, your phone should now have Android 4.2.2 CarbonRom Jelly Bean installed.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. Use this guide on your own risk.